Object Of Wrath, Child Of Mercy



I'm not a new sinner but oh sometimes, sometimes I wish I was
Then maybe I'd have more of an excuse for my thoughts and deeds and words
I am
an object of wrath alive by the blessed grace
I am
a child of mercy who dares to dream of seeing Christ's face

Tis' a miracle to be born in a world of woe and sin and death
So I'll praise the God of glory who gave me forgiveness, life, and breath
Just to
watch the sun rise or to run into the sea
Makes me
certain again of immeasurable sovereignty

When I face temptations and trials in this life I believe
Endurance will have its perfect work, so pour through me like a sieve
I will
count it all joy, for the testing of my faith
Does make
Perseverance to live in my heart and every place

I am
an object of wrath
alive by the blessed grace
I am
a child of mercy 
who dares to dream of seeing Christ's face
But oh!
Though, I'm like a single grain of sand on a great, wide shore
Still, God
Beckons to me to follow Him and be so much more
And oh!
Crashing, down on me, foolish arrogance of my sin
Yet, through
Your grace I'm sanctified and someday in heaven You'll let me in

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can truly know
What God prepares for those He loves, yet onward, upward, I will go
I sense that, my earthly mind could not withstand the sight
Of celestial splendor so I praise You for a soul to know eternity's light

I am
an object of wrath
alive by the blessed grace
I am
a child of mercy 
who dares to dream of seeing Christ's face ...

_________________________________________________________
Scriptural references:
"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following it's desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved." 
(Ephesians 2:3-5)
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
(James 1:2-4)

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9, KJV)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it! Hope you are having a fantastic day!!

-Meredith