Music of India plays on the CD
I drive in my car, I sleep in my bed
Clean sheets, soft pillow, under my head
The word "Dalit" comes after me.


Pale green check in a pink envelope
Sarah, Sarah, my friend far away
With her husband in Africa to stay
Bringing clean water, bringing hope.

Thirst no more: Compassion; show
So many ways to be God's love
A single olive branch from a dove
Some send money, some will go.

Spanish; my father's family's language
Rising around me in Costa Rica and Peru
Wishing so much that I knew it too
Still so much to learn at any age.

I hear the music, I sing the songs
I read the stories and cry their tears
I want to be one who truly hears
Make just actions and a heart that longs.

Blood and water, missions are many
So many cries for help and salvation
Ukraine, Morocco; give appreciation
Every prayer and every penny.

Ravaged subject, this ragged verse
First you're cut and then you're bleeding
Far away: Untouchable, needing
Make God's blessing from man's curse.






As I said, this is rather "ragged verse", with an odd pace and rhythem, and maybe a bit confusing. The Caedmon's Call CD "Share The Well" has been playing over and over in my car, a CD they made while on a mission trip to India. Listen to the amazing CD to find out more about the Dalits, I urge you.

I have long had a heart for missions. When I was a little girl I dreamed of being a missionary in a far away land. Last year I went on my first mission trip, to Costa Rica, and then went to Peru just six months later. Both were amazing. Peru especially touched my heart. The great need for clean water, and the people who welcomed us there was so moving. I will never forget though, a women in Costa Rica who sang a song to us on the day our team was leaving. In Spanish she sang, "Missionary, missionary, I pray for you as you go across the sea." She was crying when I and others thanked her for her song and prayers. "This is the hardest part," she said.

I mentioned both places in my poem, as well as Ukraine, the place I am going next month with Breath Of Life Ministries, and Morocco, another place Breath Of Life is involved in helping. I made part mention of Compassion International and Blood-Water Missions, two organizations I think of highly. I support Thirst No More on a monthly basis, a disaster-relief organization.

I am excited to go to Ukraine. I am excited to see where God leads me next. I am excited to see how God uses my missionary friends, out in the field serving Him! His work is a calling, a challenge, and a joy.

Comments