heavenly mystery

Why do You wait
You wait for me
Though often I just pass by
I brush it off, this urgency
To fall into Your sky.

Why do You call
You call to me
Though often I do not heed
I choose to sing, too loudly
To listen is what I need.

Why do You smile
You smile at me
Through everything I do
So mistaken, crude and clumsy
How can I please You?

Why don't You give
give up on me
Just finally close the door
My pitiful plea, I somehow see
I need You more and more.

Why do You love
You just love me
Almost more than I can bear
This love, a heavenly mystery
Till You will take me there.

Comments

Sherri Murphy said…
Beautiful poem.

I came across your comment on SCL and thought I'd invite you to read my post today that is a pretty amazing story about Barbie's influence in my life. Well, really KEN'S influence.