more journalish

Today was a mirad of pieces that didn't seem to fit together. Yet now, 9:49 p.m. and work still to do, all on my own, I find a peace at reflecting on the pieces and not the fretful weariness that tugged at me at various times throughout the day.

My bathroom sink is clogged, and my attempts to remedy the situation have so far been unsuccessful. I had to stop and get gas this morning, and keep Andrew waiting at the church office for a few minutes. Not long, but I hate being even a little bit late. I ran an errand for David; bringing a plastic tub to put snacks in to the EV Free church where he has youth group, but I got there at noon and no one was there. I was hungry and a slight feeling of disorientation was coming over me. It's such an annoying feeling; I feel like a flower growing pale due to lack of sun. So, since I didn't want to go back to the office for 45 minutes and then just leave again, and because neither Kyle or David were in the office today, I went to my apartment and had a leisurely lunch there. I watched an episode of The Office with the commentary on. I love watching things with commentary! It get so many little insights and inside jokes from listening to those things that I really do appreciate. I wonder how many other people like them as much.
I made stuffed mushrooms for lunch, my own recipe. I combine tuna, chopped tomatoe, spinach, shredded cheese and the stems of the mushrooms in a bowl before filling the mushroom tops with them and putting them in the oven to warm. Oh, so good.
I went back to the EV Free church at 1:00 and the pastor was there to let me in. I introduced myself :"I'm the terranova ministry assistant, Sonnet." I had bought two different sized boxes and the one I brought in proved to be too big. I retrieved the other one from my car and had just brought it into the kitchen to pt the snacks in it when the pastor, David, came in and brushed past me saying "Excuse me" as he walked outside. The way he did it seemed odd. I finished up and walked outside not far behind him and got into my car as he went into the church sanctuary across the parking lot. It felt very strange, his brushing past me so quickly, especially when he was the only one in the building, to leave me there alone when we had just met. But anyway ...

I went to Hobby Lobby to buy another canvas for Rhonda, the woman, the artist, who paints a picture each Sunday morning during the service, one that coincides with the sermon. The woman at the check-out had long arms like mine, but so very, very thin, barely anything but skin stretched over delicate bone. My arms are thin right now, but hers were in fact skinny, a little sickly looking. She wore a sweatshirt and standing behind the counter it was hard to tell what size the rest of her was but I could imagine that she was not much of anything. Her sleeves were rolled up which is how I could see her bird-bone arms.

I returned to the WBA church office. The afternoon was passing uneventfully until Carly called me. She is in charge of Women's Ministry as the church and had planned a First Friday Fellowship dinner for tonight, but now was unable to attend due to needing to go out of town with her husband. She asked if I would be the contact person for her instead and meet anyone who wanted to carpool at the movie theater over to La Madeline. The rest of the afternoon was sprinkled with making and taking phone calls about the dinner, and calling the restaurant and trying to reserve a reservation. Then, at 5:30, I realized that I had forgotten an announcement that Erin asked me to put in the paperthingy. I groaned. I wrote it up quickly and emailed it to Kyle. At first he didn't see that I had written up the announcement so I called him for details. I began to print what didn't need to be changed. Already that day there had been many small changes made to things, Kyle and I emailing back and forth over miniscule adjustments to the bulletin.

Between more phone calls I went to the movie theater and waited for fifteen minutes to see if anyone would show to carpool. No one did, that I know of. It was very crowded, being a friday night, so I drove to Round Rock as it started to get dark.

The dinner was fun. The food was good but pricey, as I expected. I held the Boone's little baby girl Jordan, also as I expected when I saw Breann come in holding her. It was good to finally feel relaxed, to sit back and enjoy good food and fellowship. I texted Huck about seeing a movie the next night and now it looks like I may see "Push" with him and probably Lesson and Shim in the afternoon, and "He's Just Not That Into You" with Amanda in the evening. I need to save more money, especially with Uganda coming up this summer. I'm so glad that Lesson can go. I hope it changes her life the way the other mission trips changed mine, changed my perspective.

It's almost 11:00. I should go, I want to go, go read and maybe watch a little tv while making jewelry or folding the paperthingys. I love being with other people but I also value time alone. It's an interesting balance.
Goodnight.

Comments