You Made The Light, You ARE The Light


Before I was, You knew my name
You knew the course of my life's aim.
You saved my soul, I don't know why
my flesh still tends to groan and sigh.
My eyes they strain to know and see
the realm beyond, the heavenly.
Instead I'm caught up in the toil
of everyday, this mortal coil.
Forgetting there is more to this;
that earth holds but a taste of bliss.
So shouldn't I each day to sing
and shout Your name and try to bring
The truth and love that You impart,
bursting bright in every heart.
Sewing seeds that Your good rain
can touch and grow for heaven's gain.
For You have made the seven seas
the nations and the galaxies.
For You are good, all good You do
so all the world should reflect You.
I kneel before the mercy seat
and pray, "Let me have beautiful feet.":
Shape me, mold me, to Your will,
My life is not enough, yet still.
You ask that I be cloaked in grace
and say someday I will see Your face.
I praise You, Lord of heaven and earth,
who ordained time and my own birth.
And this one thing I know is right:
You made the light, You are the light.

Comments

So beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!
Freckles said…
Love this, Sonnet!