Guardian




Semi-nonsense verses in the grain of fantasy. 


The day I was supposed to die
It never, ever came
And so I grew all old and grey
But never, forgot my name

So now I roam about the earth
A ghost, with good intent
I watch the living and all the
Guardian angels, who are sent

I asked one once what must I do
To be, an angel like him?
Hapless roaming I tire of
Yes at times, it feels grim

The angel spoke to me he said
“Dear soul, I wish I knew
It’s different for each soul who roams
Across the earth like you”

He said that he would recommend
My soul, to God above
And so I wait, and roam, and pray
To heaven, to show me love

I'd be a guardian of the living
if this was granted to me
To guard and protect I hope for yet
So I may be set free
To guard and protect I hope for yet
So I may be set free


Comments