For The Fun Of It


"All I want is the wind in my hair
To face the fear but not feel scared
Oh wild horses I want to be like you
Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too"
 - Wild Horses, by Natasha Bedingfield



A List

I like my coffee and beer dark; I drink bitter and eat sweet.
I have an undisguised fondness for blue stockings.
There's something about waiting on the outside of a closed door for more than a handful of seconds which makes me a bit anxious.
I adore museums. Even if I don't love the type of art on display, I delight in seeing what someone else has created.
My mind is full of lists which are generally trivial yet which I desire to discuss with someone else: favorite directors and films; most influential authors, and why their work continues to resonate; wardrobe essentials; the utter importance of good cinematography and film score, and top favorites; pros and cons of every form of travel; pantry staples.
I often feel a bit wild when there's a full moon.
I love the impermanence of radically changing my hair.
I could chose between going back in time or forward (and then returning to the present day) I'd chose to go forward.
If I never had to be concerned about what any future employers might think, I believe I'd tattoo my arms with images and verses like mad.
There are very few foods I'm not willing to try once, and even less which I don't like. Heretofore I politely and firmly refuse to eat grubs, fish eyes, liver, and raisins.
Photographs and memories are my favorite souvenirs (though I also love art, snow globes, and Christmas ornaments).
As a child, I dreamed of being a tightrope walker, mostly because of the book "Mirette On The High Wire". If given the chance, I'd try to learn in a heartbeat today, for heights have always beckoned me.
As much as I like company, I nearly always prefer to go for a run alone.
The thought of deep-sea diving scares me terribly, particularly if it's in a cave. Though I love the water, imagining no light or air makes my heart pound.
I wish I could set a mental radio dial to tune in when other people have a song running through their heads, as I so often do.
I feel that if I can better understand myself that I can better understand others; thus, various personality types fascinate me.


Comments