restoration

Here's a poem I wrote last night during church. The sermon series is about being open to God's discipline, being willing to have the logs in our eyes removed, calling someone out in love when they have strayed from God and of course helping bring someone to God for the first time, and also the need sometimes to distance ourselves from anyone who persists in a path that leads away from holiness. The poem is from someone, myself for that matter, asking, pleading, to be called out when they aren't in line, to be brought back to the truth no matter how uncomfortable it may be for the one(s) doing it or how painful it may be for that person.


Don't be afraid to make me bleed
if what I bleed is sin
Even a forest has the need
to burn and start again.

If you must lay a righteous blame
don't fear some vital loss
Pure gold must face the fire and flame
to burn away the dross.

Don't be afraid to cast on me
the truth that's rough and raw
Though bruised and bleading, that may be
the lifeline to God's law.

If you must come to me by force
I ask that you persist
Please weather that storm through it's course
although I may resist.

Don't be afraid to call me out
however uncomfortably
Some silence kills: I beg you, shout!
From eternal pain, save me.

Comments