a bit of this, a pinch of that


I like the click of a stapler, and the rustle of paper being filed.
I like the smell of fresh baked bread, and the look and taste of melting butter and rising steam.
I like the feel of a child's hand gripping mine: trusting, loving.
I like the sound of my keyboard as my fingers tap the keys.
I like the look of silver better than of gold.
I like taking a drink of cool water and waiting a second before letting it slip down my throat.
I like being held by someone I love.
I like the cinnamon freckles on my face.
I like old, gnarled tree roots.
I like the sound of rain on a tin roof.
I like watching dancing, and trying to dance myself.
I like the delicate loveliness of a butterfly.
I like it when someone calls for no reason other than just to catch up, deepening a friendship.
I like the smell of most books.
I like the color, taste, and texture of blueberries.
I like a mockingbird's song best of all.
I like the way that water looks like diamonds when the sun hits it just right.
I like stories, songs, and movies that move me to the point of tears.
I like the cool feel of silk.
I like being surrounded by friends and have good conversations.
I like having time alone to reflect/write/sing.
I like running, even after a few minutes when I don't like it anymore.
I like playful teasing.
I like the satisfaction of a job well done.
I like falling asleep at night and thinking about something good that is coming in the next day.
I like finding beauty in odd places.



What about you?

Comments