a wish




I've always had vivid daydreams, and loved them. Often they involve something dangerous: something happens, and I must step up and be brave and selfless. They are heroic dreams. I feel that if faced with many of the circumstances in real life that I dream about, my pulse would race with cold fear, while in my dreams my heart beats with steadfast certainty and courage. Through the years there have been scenarios that I dream up again and again, reoccurring situations that are usually slightly different, and that I have to handle a little differently each time. I have eloquent conversations. I don meaningful pseudonyms. They are beautiful and terrible both at once, but I am never afraid and I never back down. Maybe I don't want the things in many of my daydreams to actually happen in real life, but I do want to be that person in my dreams. I want to be courageous and selfless. I want to be eloquent and steadfast. I want to be be the best possible person that I can be.


walking the edge of an unseen abyss
dueling with dragons and blowing a kiss
all is a pulse and a smile and sigh
mixed with a lovesong and a lullaby

Comments