Makes for a good story, anyway


I was reading in Starbucks, when I overheard the following story from two elderly men sitting at the table next to mine:


Storyteller: "I have a friend who lives in the country, and one night he saw two men breaking into his tool shed. He called the police and asked them to come apprehend the robbers. In response he was told that there weren't enough men at the station to send anyone over at the time. He was hung up on. The man waited a minute or so then called the police station back. He said, 'I just wanted you to know it's okay now, I shot those two men who were breaking in and stealing.' A few minutes later half the police force had arrived at his door. The officers demanded to know where the robbers were. The man pointed outside to the shed. 'There's the two thieves', he replied calmly. The officers said, 'I thought you said you shot them!' The man said, 'I thought you said you didn't have anyone to send over.'
Both men chuckled. The storyteller said, "Makes for a good story anyway."

Comments