Found


"Don't be afraid to try your hardest
Carry the weight and rise when you fall down
The weight won't break your soul
But make you strong and able to hold
All the good things
Yet to come"
 - Don't Be Afraid, by Josh Garrels


You'll find me in the coffee shops, with a notebook or a friend.

You'll find me in museums, and also admiring graffiti, street art, and tattoos.

You'll find me among the stacks, in libraries and bookstores.

You'll find me at home, on my patio, couch, kitchen table, or bed, though rarely at my oft-cluttered desk, love it though I do.

You'll find me on the running trails, and on the lake in my red kayak.

You'll find me so happily with loved ones, or alone, though rarely lonely, as I did my best to vanish Loneliness ages ago, telling her off along with Boredom, which no one has time to entertain.

You'll find me seeking adventures and thrills, and being still for ages with the silent symphony/tangled mess/curiosity of my thoughts.

You'll find me coming close, and you'll find me running away.

You'll find me working hard, and you'll find me dilly-dally daydreaming. 

You'll find me being open and affectionate, my heart bursting, and you'll find me being cool and guarded. 

You'll find me laughing with, and crying with, and simply feeling. 

You'll find me taking great pleasure in simple things, and imagining a great, grand more. 

You'll find me saying yes, yes, yes!, and giving a thought-out no. 


I'll find myself in all these places and spaces, existing and learning, growing and reflecting, calm and storm and steps forward and back. I'll find where to find myself best, the truest parts, and how to nourish those parts no matter where. I'll find I'll need reminders which I may sometimes look at abashedly as I remember all over again, like this note written to myself, but also to you, asking where you find yourself? Daily, and in your heart? 

I find that in my heart I'm swimming in the ocean and running barefoot along the shore, and I'm singing and shouting and praying, active and well-voiced. I find I'm in a still forest and am awed by the silence and splendor to be silent and still myself. 

I find the daily joys of good company and books and warm sunshine on my skin. I count up these small delights, finding peace and thankfulness. 

Where do you find yourself? 


May we seek, and may we find. May we ever be found. 


Comments