Sometimes I Dance


"Way too much to buckle under
you can almost smell the stolen thunder
Still I, I got a lingering love for this place
Let's turn the plane around
I don't wanna give up"
 - A Lingering Love, by The Fruit Bats 




Sometimes I feel there's a knot in my spine
which twists even as I stand straight
Sometimes I feel the ceiling's too low
and I'm penned all around with no gate

Sometimes I fall to the ground with a sob
sometimes I'm terribly numb
Sometimes I can't stop the streams from my eyes
as though I am not the right sum

Sometimes I run to the edge of my strength
thanking the pain for it's being
Sometimes all is sweet, all is bright, all is good 
and the beauty's the most that I'm seeing

Sometimes I laugh in a sad, hollow way
sometimes I laugh with pure joy
Sometimes I rest in the peace of the dawn
when sorrow is but a decoy

Sometimes I'm so hopeful I could be naive
Sometimes I'm taking that chance
Sometimes I spread my arms wide to the world
Sometimes I chose just to dance 


Comments