Seedling




"So this is love, mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, and now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, and I can fly
I'll touch every star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
So this is love"
 - So This Is Love, from Disney's Cinderella 

 

A sonnet for my baby, quietly growing more each day. 




I didn’t know I was good soil until
A seed took root and let us both become
A garden, verdant, and what joy to till
Of all sweet hope, this bloom will be the sum
 
Small seedling, though I barely feel you there
You gather all you need to grow complete
You have my love, priority of care
I am your ecosystem; full, replete
 
I am your rain, so rain, be good to me
Keep me in health for this; another’s sake
From fervent dreams of two, you came to be
And he who holds my heart will see you wake
 
This other gardener tends to us as one
Until the day our sapling greets the sun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful!

Chrissy