childhood memory: M&Ms

When I would eat M&M's as a little girl, I would arrange the small, bright candies by color. I'd group each color together and slowly eat them in a way that kept the number of candies in each color even with all the other colors. For example, five reds, five yellows, oranges, blues, greens, and browns. I'm pretty sure I remember when blue and green M&M's were first introduced. Then, when I was down to only one M&M in each color, I'd eat them one at a time beginning with the color I cared for the least and ending with my favorite color. Curiously, I always ended with brown. Though not my favorite color in other areas, I always liked the brown M&M's best, maybe because they looked just like chocolate and nothing else.
Sometimes, I still arrange my M&M's while eating them, saving a brown candy for last.

Comments