Is that the sun?

as with many things, I'm not sure where this poem came from. I started it awhile ago and just now finished it. It's not reflective of a place I am right now, but maybe of one from times past.



I think I've been here for so long
I cannot tell the time
I cannot hear the distant song
that lovingly used to chime

I'm far from home, I'm trapped and lost
and all the bad guys won
for night to lift, tell me that cost!
but wait, is that the sun?

I'm stumbling, aching, crying out
so bitter and angrily
To break the silence I give a shout
which echos back at me

I try to hold the truth, like light
just make a spark from one
Searching for what I thought was right
wait, could that be the sun?

They say that every tunnel and path
has a light at the very end
but I'm too weary to do the math
too many turns and bends

Hope and joy have slipped away
but to them I would run
if I but saw the smallest ray -
Please, say that that's the sun

Are my eyes playing tricks on me
finally I've come undone?
Or finally, finally could it be -
Thank God; here comes the sun.

Comments