absorbing the sun




I'm absorbing the sun
I'm recounting each ray
I'm passing it on
till the end of the day

I'm shooting the breeze
and I only half care
The experience, please,
There's enough we can share

I'm counting the stars
till the break of the dawn
As my dreams fly past mars
I'm pulled back by a yawn

I'm building sandcastles
yes they'll wash away
Just escape from the hassle
in my memory stay

I'm chasing some tigers
though paper they be
Though barely a blighter
it's setting me free

I'm taking each day
by the handful, so raw
Watch the sparks fly away
Weep from what I just saw

I'm chasing it fast
one slow step at a time
"It" being what lasts
in life's upward climb

Each detour has meaning
each sunrise and storm
There's joy and there's keening
and sunlight so warm

Come, absorb the sun
We'll recount every ray
Then we'll pass it on
till the end of the day

Comments