overheard truth

A few months ago I was walking out of an office and overheard a snippet of conversation that has stayed with me. Two men were talking. One said to the other, "Even pessimists have good things happen to them. They just don't always realize or admit it."

The other man said something in agreement with him. I kept walking so I didn't hear any more of the conversation. I thought, What an interesting thing to say. It's true that all people have both bad and good things happen to them. How sad it is for anyone who is so focused on the bad things that they refuse to acknowledge the good things, whether purposefully or subconsciously after time. Always seeing grey clouds and never a silver lining.


Comments

Sarah Butler said…
LOL! Good point, but great comic!
Sonnet Alyse said…
Haha! I know! I had never heard of the comic strip before. I found it while googling "silver lining" images.
Teal said…
I've started reading that comic since you posted it, and (for the most part) it's pretty hilarious. :-)